I’m not a big meat eater. I haven’t eaten beef or pork since I was 10, I’m allergic to shellfish, I can’t stand the smell of actual fish, I won’t eat anything off the bone, or like, animals that aren’t normal so frog legs & bison are out of the question. SO, what do I eat? Lunch meat turkey & an occasional chicken breast. You could call me a choose-a-tarian.
BUT. for parties & get togethers, and times where my husband’s friends enter my home, I’m gonna need some meat. I thought Baby BLT’s would be cute. SO, here they are. Super simple, SUPER easy & delicious as ever [so they say.]
- Baguette Bread
- Romaine Lettuce or Spring mix greens
- Campari Tomatoes
- Sea Salt
You will also need:
- Sandwich Toothpicks
- Doilies [for your serving tray.]
- Aluminum Foil [for cooking bacon & easy cleanup]
Go ahead and cook your bacon first. I put aluminum foil on a cookie tray that has edges [for grease/easy cleanup] & put in the oven on 350 degrees for 25-35 min [depending on how crispy you want your bacon] *if you make the bacon TOO crispy, it will fall apart when you make the sandwich, so keep that in mind.
Next, prep all your items:
- Cut my Campari tomatoes into 1/4 in thick slices [about 4-5 slices from each tomato]
- Salt these [not necessary, but I love everything with sea salt.] [sorry heart]
- First cut the butt end where the lettuce loses its green color off & Romaine lettuce has a big stalk in the middle & I cut that out, so I use almost a whole side folded in half on each sandwich. Eat leaf will be 2 sandwiches. [You could also or instead use spring mix greens]
- Next, cut your baguette. I cut my baguette about the width of my middle finger. Try to keep similar size pieces together so you can match those into the sandwiches.
- Lay all your baguette pieces on a tray & broil them on 350 for just a few minutes till they get a touch crispy. Not toasted. Flip those suckers & repeat on the other side.
- Put mayo on one side of the top baguette, and one side of the bottom baguette. [my father in law does not do mayo, so I keep several mayo free for him]
- Once the bacon is done & cooled enough to touch – cut each strip in thirds.
- Put them in this order from the bottom up: Baguette, Tomato, Lettuce, Bacon, Baguette.
- Stick your toothpick in to keep it together. Once you have them all assembled, arrange them on your tray with a doilie and ENJOY!
I should have posted these before the Super Bowl. I’m just not your typical American sports loving kinda girl, so its not on my radar. Please forgive me. Kisses.